We are the largest provider of Further Education (FE) and Apprenticeships in the area. We exist to ensure our students become qualified, find jobs, keep them and progress in their careers.
- We are home to around 12,000 students from across the region, the UK and the world.
- Our students are a significant asset to the region. Last year 96% of them went on to either get a job or continue with their studies.
- Our academic results are high and continue to improve. In 2013/14 our success rate for FE students was 87%, up 8% since 2011. Our Apprenticeships training is ranked in the top 30% of colleges.We work with over 2,000 businesses. It means we can provide students with access to training, work experience and real life projects, adding to their CVs.
- Our courses reflect current and future jobs needs. We analyse labour market trends and ask businesses to confirm our courses and facilities deliver the knowledge and skills they would expect future employees to possess.
- We are focused on getting our students into their chosen careers. It’s why we were the first in the UK to launch e lab, providing in-house access to work skills training and exclusive jobs that aren’t advertised elsewhere. Every day four students get a job through e lab.
- We’re a great place to study. 9/10 students tell us they would recommend The Bournemouth & Poole College to a friend.
- We’re recognised nationally and internationally for the quality of our training. Our students regularly win regional and national skills competitions.
- We’re in the middle of a £25m+ development in our facilities. Providing students with access to a state of the art learning environment and the latest equipment to train on.