Leicester College is one of the largest in the UK with more than 27,400 learners from many backgrounds, and with different ambitions and aspirations, studying with us on a wide range of courses.
We are committed to enriching the lives of all members of the community and to creating new opportunities for them. This is reflected in our mission statement: “To deliver a wide range of high quality learning experiences to support the diverse communities we serve and the personal, social and economic development of individuals and enterprises.”
- More than 27,400 learners study with us.
- We offer hundreds of courses from entry level to university level.
- We provide training for thousands of local and national companies.
- The College has three state-of-the-art city centre campuses and runs courses in more than 80 community venues.
- In 2011, Ofsted found that the College is outstanding at meeting the needs of learners, employers and the wider community.
- 674 learners are studying university-level courses.
- We have 3,100 Apprentices and Advanced Apprentices.
- 6,720 learners studied Skills for Life courses.
- 805 learners went on to Higher Education after studying at Leicester College.
- We have 555 learners aged 14-16 years, and 5,370 learners aged 16-18 years.
- We are proud that our learners reflect the diversity of the local population:
- 390 learners have a learning difficulty and/or disability.
- 39% are from black and minority ethnic groups.
- 43% are from areas of disadvantage.
- 4,787 learners are taking ESOL programmes.
- We employ 1,400 people.
- The annual budget is over £50 million.
- We are members of three National Skills Academy networks in the areas of Food and Drink, Retail and Materials, Production and Supply.
- We are also a member of the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy.